Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Changing Seasons: Spring

On March 21, 2009 (the first day of spring) it was 39 degrees and windy in Waterville, Maine. Spring comes late in central Maine. This Saturday, the conditions were finally appropriate to recreate the flying shoe over the Colby Quad and take a new background picture. For the last two seasons, I have picked a shoe that contrasts with the landscape and colors. On Saturday, I contrasted the budding trees, green grass, and high spirits of Colby students with my white Common Projects.

Here is a look back through the last three seasons,


My LL Bean Bucks overlooking a the Colby Quad on chilly fall afternoon in mid October.

My Paul Smith Canvas Sneakers overlooking two feet of packed snow on the Colby Quad in mid January.

My Common Projects overlooking the Colby Quad in late April.

By recreating the scene as closely as possible, I hope to showcase the vibrant changes in the Maine seasons.

Here are some more links,
Changing Seasons: Winter (ART),
My Common Projects (ART).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for summer!

A TIME TO GET said...

awesome. i think i laughed out loud when i saw the homepage title had changed.

Foster Huntington said...

glad you like it boys. thanks for the kind words,
Foster

Victoria Thorne said...

splendid, as always, mr. huntington

wonderful

Foster Huntington said...

thank you very much Victoria!
Foster