Thursday, August 13, 2009

iPhone Instants from Maine


Getting an iPhone has done more for my photography than my Canon G9 or any point and shoot I have used. The ability to take great photos with something I am trained to have with me at all times allows me to capture images that I wouldn't be able to with my Canon 5d Mark II.

These photos were all taken with my iPhone over the last two weeks and filtered with the Instant Camerbag application.

Patriotic mail box

Weathered Shed.

Reading some Hemmingway



Where I sleep.

This guy ran out of gas in the middle of Casco Bay.

This feels like the Maine Coast to me.

Rogues Gallery!

My favorite part of photography is the ability to capture candid images that tell a story and help describe an aesthetic or lifestyle. iPhones help this happen.

Here are some more links,
iPhone Instants from Maine (Picasa).

8 comments:

Memphis88 said...

Great pictures. I have the camerabag app, but don't use it near as much as I should.

Foster Huntington said...

Memphis start tapping your screen. I can't get enough of it.
Foster

Dave Hendrie said...

Hemmingway was KGB...

Anonymous said...

The collection evokes A Band of Outsiders...

Rob said...

i'm debating between a leica d-lux 4 or a canon g10 for a point and shoot. i find it hard to capture moments with a dslr, the second people see it they freak out.

Foster Huntington said...

The canon g10 is by no means small. i have a canon g9, its now broken, and it was pretty big, i would either get something like a ricoh gr III (http://gizmodo.com/5323771/ricoh-gr-digital-iii-point+and+shoots-fast-28mm-f19-lens-makes-our-hands-all-sweaty) or a sigma dp2. the leica is a rip off, go with the pannisonic lx3. its the exact same camera for 300 less.

Foster

JASH said...

Amazing photos. I haven't read your blog all summer and I'm glad I waited...

I really like how those iPhone pics came out and it seems like you're getting better and better with your other camera.

Nice work.

Sildenafil said...

I love those pictures specially when I'm fan of this activities specially when I take photos with my Sildenafil Citrate camera it's a revolution I recommend you this camera.