Monday, February 16, 2009

Trip to Popham Beach


Popham Beach State Park is nestled on the south side of the mouth of the Kennebec river and is a must see spot in Maine. Here are some photos from a recent excursion.

Gill Short Cruising Boots at work on the Kennebec River floodplain. The irregular ice formations are caused when brackish water (a mix between fresh water and salt water) freezes. The large blocks of ice float around during high tide and then settle like drift wood.

In the The Hunt For Red October, Captain Marko Ramius, played Sean Connery, sails his rogue Russian Submarine right past Popham Beach.

Excuse my booger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great photography, really nice shots-- and if boogers were an issue, I'd be apologizing all day, so no worries. Its pretty tame, as far as boogers go.

Foster Huntington said...

I am glad you approve of my booger and my photos, i dispatched it soon after this photo was taken.
foster