Saturday, January 31, 2009

Trip to Ann Arbor

For the last three days I have been in Ann Arbor spending time with my grandmother, Trudy Huntington, a retired professor of Anthropology at the University of Michigan. Thanks to Google's digitization of the University's books, a slew of her writings on the Amish, Mennonites and other religious groups are available here. Now I am off to the NYC area for an interview with Young & Rubicam on Monday.

Here is my grandmother's house, a ten minute walk from UM's campus and stone's throw from multiple fraternities and sororities.

Here is a picture of my grandmother near the entrance to the University of Michigan Nicholas Arboretum, affectionately known as the Arb.

Here is a photo of me using my grandmother's old Pentax slr and her using my Canon. If you look closely you can see her reflection in my sunglasses.

My grandmother and I ate at Zimmerman's, a Ann Arbor institution and restaurant straight out Stuff White People Like # 63: Expensive Sandwiches.

I am a pyromaniac so I can never take enough pictures of fire.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Foster, what do you use to process your photos?

Foster Huntington said...

ben,
I hate to say it, but i shoot all digital and just use Iphoto.
Foster

jon said...

As a U of M student, I have to say i like your blog. keep it up pal.

Foster Huntington said...

thanks jon, i am pumped you like my blog. Maine represent.