Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Fall Drive


Fall is seeping down south in Maine; forcing leaves from trees, turning grass brown, and nudging temperatures below the frost point. The crisp smell of fall makes me smile and eager to put on my itchy wool jackets and retire my iced caffeinated beverages.

On a quiet fall morning I took the long way home through the rolling central Maine farmland and made frequent stops.

Moo's at a local organic farm. MOFGA represent.

These photos give context to a way of life that I romanticize from afar.

In the end, the detour took an extra 45 minutes, time I would give up in a heart beat.

Here are some more links,
A Drive in the Fall (Picasa),
Fall (ART).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, any chance you were in FFA? Kidding. Kind of.

Unknown said...

Great work once again! I often dream of pulling off on the side of the road to take a picture but my wife would kill me.

But if I name drop "Foster"...i think she would give me a pass.

Foster Huntington said...

No sir, i am a senior at liberal arts school. I think farms are awesome though,
Fostetr

ROXY MARJ said...

Foster! I just found your blog by typing in "Norwegian sweater" into google. I LOOOOVE your blog! I am going to link you on my side bar on "man" blog >>> roxy <<< p.s. what school are you at out there?

Foster Huntington said...

Roxy,
I got to Colby College in Waterville Maine. thanks for the link,
Foster

Jordan said...

Amazing photos! I'm now ready for fall... Thanks for sharing!