Monday, November 17, 2008

The Backwoodsman

I grew up spending a lot of time in the Columbia River Gorge area on the border of Oregon and Washington. To keep ourselves entertained, my brother and I turned to the woods. Books like The American Boys Handy Book and numerous stories by Ernest Thompson Seaton inspired us to build damns, bows and arrows, and forts in the woods surrounding our house. These activities kept me entertained and instilled an interest in survival and a desire to do things on my own that persists to this day.

Procrastinating in the library one day, I stumbled across an issue of the The Backwoodsman, "The Magazine for the Twenty First Century Frontiersmen." The magazine is an awesome composition of articles on topics ranging from survivalism to do-it-yourself shelter building. Here are some articles that piqued my interest.



No comments: