Monday, July 27, 2009

5AM on the 4th of July


Copious amounts of Redbull and Vodka made the night leading up to my favorite holiday very long. I tried in vain to sleep at 1:30. After three hours of rolling over, drinking water, and frequent trips to the bathroom, I climbed out of the crowded bed, grabbed my camera and went on a four mile walk.

Record rainfall in June raised water levels and created the perfect breeding conditions for mosquitoes. A cloud of twenty potential carriers of the West Nile Virus followed me around like a lingering fart.

I really liked this stone wall. It had to be a few hundred years old.

On my four mile jaunt I digressed from buzzed to hungover and covered in flattened mosquitoes. Despite a throbbing headache, the beautify of the red dawn kept me smiling and inspired.

Two hours and hundreds of mosquito bites later, I crawled back in bed exhausted and thoroughly satisfied after seeing one of the most beautiful sunrises of my life.

Here are some more links,
5 AM on the 4th of July,

11 comments:

The Khaki Crusader said...

Good tale. Given the right circumstance, conquering the night is still one of the better feelings around. You found a great way to express it.

brandon sargent said...

i absolutely love the photo of the tree by the water, it reminds me of a Daubigny painting with its misty quality.

Foster Huntington said...

thanks Khaki Crusader I am glad you like it. This summer i worked on RLX Golf, thought you would get a kick out of that.
Foster

D said...

The tree by the water is amazing.

Victoria Thorne said...

the bites were worth it

Foster Huntington said...

I think they were worth it too. It was an amazing start to my forth.
Foster

The Khaki Crusader said...

That's cool Foster. Who did you work with over there?

Anonymous said...

The kid is back!

greenjeans said...

glad to see you haven't missed a step. great photos as always

Foster Huntington said...

I worked with a guy named Charlie schaefer that did concept for rlx golf. And jp, I was never gone,
foster

The Khaki Crusader said...

Gotcha. I actually just tried to get in touch with Charlie the other day via email. Haven't heard back.